Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Father Taught Me To Be Humble - Tewa Onasanya

 
Tewa Onasanya, the Editor-in-Chief of Exquisite Magazine, is a mother, wife, daughter and publisher. Her life is filled with what can be described as dizzying activities but in the midst of all she is making progress with humility. Below are brief excerpts of a chat she had with This Day. Enjoy:

What’s your greatest fear? 
It’s the fear of losing anyone dear to me. Not a good feeling as I have lost a friend in the past and it wasn’t and still isn’t an easy road to go on. 


Which living person do you most admire? 
I admire my mother for her tenacity and drive; and my dad for his positive energy. My dad also taught me the meaning of being a humble person. He is truly remarkable. 

What is your favourite journey? 
My favourite journey in life will be the journey of motherhood. It’s a different ball game having to raise children and not just children but well grounded children. I am enjoying that journey and pray that it can only get better. 

What is the trait you deplore most in yourself? 


I think I procrastinate a lot. This is a trait i am working hard at getting rid of. I am still working at it. I have realised or should I say, I think I now know the trick to tricking myself (so to speak) not to procrastinate.

What is your greatest extravagance? 
Ah! (Covers face) Shoes, shoes and more shoes. Funny, now I’m seeing some interesting bag collections I might indulge in some day.

Do you ever feel overwhelmed, like there is too much on your plate? 
Sometimes I do, but with God on my side and my Exquisite team, we forge ahead and do what we need to do. I have a very understanding family as well that makes it all worth it. When I do get overwhelmed, I try to take a step back, relax a bit and then start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment